The new year brings the time for introspection and transformation. Additionally, it's a chance for us to test our limits, improve as readers, and push ourselves. Why not use this chance to make some reading resolutions for 2023?
A reading challenge can be started at any time, but the beginning of the year is a fantastic time to plan ahead and make a year-long commitment. The aim may be to read more books, a certain set of subjects, genres, or book types, or even to read more frequently.
Reasons you need a Reading Challenge
A reading challenge can have several benefits for you:
- Books are a great form of entertainment and learning.
- You continually evaluate as you read. As a result, you also develop your capacity for analytical thought.
- The sense of adventure when you discover a new author, or a book series is unparalleled.
- Interaction with other readers, having fun and discussing all the ways a book broke your heart, or made you want to throw it across the room.
- Earning goodies like reward points, stickers, badges and giveaway books.
Get ready, then! Participate in the #TBRChallenge to get inspired to read more.
- Finish creating your Blogchatter profile.
- Go to your dashboard, select the Reading Challenge, and set your goal for how many books you want to read this year at the start of the year or whenever you like. That's all; you've been registered.
- Add books to your dashboard as you finish them. For the book to appear on your list of books you've read this year, upload the book cover, along with the title and author. Alternatively, you can add the Goodreads link and it will fetch all book details.
- If you write a review of the book on your blog, you can add the link at the time of adding the book. More eyes on your review and it impacts your ReaderBoard ranking!
- Verify your position on the ReaderBoard. It's dynamic and shows how you're doing in relation to other participants in the challenge. Just the shot of inspiration you occasionally need. Handy tip: your ranking is positively impacted by the visiting, reading and sharing you do of the other people's #TBRChallenge review posts.
- Look at the books that other people are reading; they are listed on their profiles. You can get great recommendations and it could spark a discussion!
- Participate in book-related postings by visiting the BlogRolls listed under the BookChatter category to find new book blogger friends!
- Follow the hashtag #TBRChallenge on our social media platforms to stay up to speed
- In the review section you may find books to read and review while earning reward points.
- Participate in #TBRChallenge activities. There are cool giveaways too. Download the calendar to not miss them.
The #TBRChallenge has easy guidelines.
- Decide on a reading target for the year.
- Start by writing a blog post about #TBRChallenge 2023 that includes the required phrase "I'm participating in the #TBRChallenge by Blogchatter" and a hyperlink to the following URL: https://www.theblogchatter.com/blogchatters-reading-challenge-tbr-challenge-2023
- Don't forget to tag us, add the post to your blogroll, and share it.
- To qualify for reward points and giveaways, frequently update your reading progress and be part of the fun monthly activities.