Helen Keller said that alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much. All hell has broken loose with the coronavirus pandemic; even as we practice social distancing there are heroes out there who are working relentlessly to flatten the curve.
The outbreak has brought our life to a standstill. Many of us are fortunate enough to have our basic needs and more. However there are people in remote villages with no access to necessities, people who survive on daily wages, uncertain about the future and if they will have another meal.
People are working on the front lines to keep us all going. This is the time to stand with them in solidarity and contribute in the best way we can. Together, with our community, we have collated a list of setups that are doing a wonderful job.
A Valuable List That You Can Add On To!- Updated as of 31st March, ’20
- We found this post by Simple Kaul on Instagram. They are trying their best to get supplies to the people in slums of Malvani and Govandi. Please send a DM and you’ll get the necessary details.
- Give India has a goal to support 766 and more families who survive on daily wages and have no support whatsoever currently. With the rise in loss of jobs, this NGO is working towards supplying them at least the bare minimum.
- Ketto has several ways we can raise funds for more ventilators, support for waste pickers or distributing food to daily wage workers.
- We can join hands with Milaap and raise funds so a pandemic as serious as this can be fought off quicker. Funds from this specific one goes to heroes of Chennai who help keep the streets clean but have no masks or any sort of protection.
- Razor Pay has come up with a thoughtful fundraiser so that doctors, nurses, hospital staff who work in direct contact with patients can get to wear masks. They also are providing relief kits. Razor Pay also is working towards providing support to the waste pickers community in Delhi.
- Hasirudala offers support to a vulnerable group of people, the waste pickers during this time.
- There are people struggling for resources during the lockdown at Bhopal. Nikita Sonavne along with volunteers are supplying food to them, with added protection. Paytm or Google pay on this number to donate- +919632857887.
- If you are a health professional in Kerala, you can fill up this form. The Government is calling out for voluntary medical services.
- The citizens of Tamilnadu who are ration card holders are eligible to receive Rs 1000 each and some provisions. This can certainly help househelp and others who need it.
- Bhoomika Trust in Tamil Nadu has a helpline to support the elderly and immunocompromised people who need groceries or medicine. You can register here to volunteer.
- Zomato, that has been our favourite food app has made ration kits of Rs.500 each to last an underprivileged family a week. You can contribute here.
- Elixir Foundation is doing their bit to help Ahmedabad fight the Coronavirus.
- Share A Book India is based in Rajasthan and you can contact them here for more details- Priti: 9116899611.
- Rahat COVID-19 by Goonj is an initiative to support those who have lost their jobs and forced to return to their villages.
- Donate A Meal arranges meals for underprivileged kids and adults living in the streets. During this virus outbreak they are working towards providing them with masks, sanitizers, soaps, etc.
- SEED is raising funds to provide the essentials to families in the slums of Lucknow. Each package would cost Rs.890 and would last at least a week, soaps longer.
- Uday Foundation has been working since years to provide urgent relief materials during calamities to the homeless.
- Our Democracy in Delhi is reaching out to daily wage workers during the lockdown and providing them with financial support.
- Project Aesha is working with single mothers living in North Eastern part of Delhi.
- Here is a list of shelter homes and night shelters in Delhi with addresses.
- You can support CRYINDIA‘s efforts to protect the children who need it the most.
- Nagpur Home Service of food is available for senior citizens living alone. Contact- Nilay Verma at +919890107000 for Dharampeth, Ramdaspeth, Pratap Nagar and nearby areas. Contact- Prateek Minocha at +919766311262 for Kadbi Chowk, Byramji Town, Sadar.
- Saqlainiya Charitable Trust provides food packets in Mumbai. Please contact Gazi Saqlaini at 9833887853, 9702333675.
- Jamaat e islami Hind Mumbai Metro provides ration and food packets in Mumbai. Contact Humayun Shaikh at 9820890506 .
- Anjuman e Khandesh provides food packets in Thane. Contact 8108287868, 9324065867.
- Khushiyaan Foundation in Mumbai and Thane supply food packets to security guards, labourers and rag pickers. Contact 9082783477 or contribute through PAYTM/ Google Pay: 9769181218
- Safa Society provides ration and hygiene supply kits to daily wagers, migrant workers, street dwellers in Hyderabad, Telangana. Contact 9182383023
- Caremongers functions PAN India and offers help to those who can’t get to grocery shops and get essentials. Contact 9591168886
- Giants Group Of Chowpatty provides food kits to daily wagers with 15 days of supply. Contact Nisha Mazumdar and Toral Mazumdar at 932221411, 9820754470.
- KashtaKari Panchayat in Pune provides safety gear to waste pickers and also ration kits. Call 765999550 or email [email protected]
- Gubbachi Learning community in Bengaluru organizes food grains for daily wage workers and their families. They are also handing over worksheets to kids. Bank Details- State Bank Of India, Acc Number- 35316850145, IFSC: SBIN0010363
- Aanchal Narang has started a fundraiser to provide sanitation products and food to sex workers of Kamathipura. Contact 98196 15204.
- Spherule Foundation in Pune are distributing groceries to slum areas. Paytm or Google pay at +919890136206 to contribute towards meal packets of Rs 500 or Rs 1000.
- Ekansh Trust in Pune is distributing groceries to people with disabilities from needy families.They are right now just two people, looking for volunteers to join. Contribution in terms of donations or relief is also accepted. Contact- +919503715015 Account holder: Ekansh Trust, Pune. Canara Bank, Koregaon park (Ghorpadi) Acc no. 0263101018546, IFSC Code: CNRB0000263
- Humjoli Foundation from Pune that promotes menstrual awareness is along with volunteers using their platform to help daily wagers meet their needs. One package of food costs Rs. 500. Contribute here.
- Protsahan is providing 1000 families of daily wage workers who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic with relief packages for one month. Click here to contribute and support them.
- International Association For Human Values along with guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art Of Living and the Indian Film Industry initiated the #iStandWithHumanity drive. Let’s stand with daily wage farmers along and donate here.
These are some of the organizations and setups that are striving to reach families and our warriors. They help them get the comprehensive kits of essentials and medical supplies.
We Can Help the World Heal
The smallest contribution you make can give someone hope today. Isn’t that kind of hope what we all need during these trying times? As users of social media, writers on blogs, we have followers who read and follow our content. We hold the power online, to make a change offline. We hold the power to create a new philosophy that speaks compassion and empathy.
Malcolm X said, “When I became we even the illness became wellness.” Are you ready to flatten the curve and do a good deed whilst staying at home? The world is changing, we can choose to let it change for the greater good.