Of all the memes and trends 2020 has seen, snacking fads have been raging on the internet. A good snack and some chitchat can solve almost anything, right? In fact, a report too has been made on how Indians snacked during the pandemic. Why don’t you grab your snack and take this fun quiz to see how much you know?
Here’s a cheat code for you: make sure you keep Mondelēz International’s Second Annual State of Snacking™ Report open so you can get the right answers *winks*
The pandemic accelerated the growth of snacking. But, by how much? 9 out of 10 people in India say that they are
- 1. Ravenous and snacking more than ever during the pandemic, preferring snacks over meals.
- 2. Want to snack, but too much time is spent taking the much-needed naps.
- 3. Snacking only because it is trending.
What is the number one driver of snacking in the past year?
- 1. Definitely comfort. A great snack is a source of good memories and gives peace
- 2. Hunger, I guess. Why else do we snack?
- 3. I think the curiosity to try out snacks that others are trying, even if it doesn’t taste great. #dalgonaisonlyforinstagram
50% of millennials in India
- 1. Keep a secret snack stash that they raid whenever they want to.
- 2. Would rather skip eating than get themselves some snacks.
- 3. Only fantasize about snacks they want to eat while scrolling through social media.
The whole work from home phenomena has encouraged around 33% of people to
- 1. Share a snack virtually with someone in a “bring your own snack” gathering online.
- 2. Do nothing special with snacks, duh it’s just food…
- 3. Skip snacking because they were too busy checking the audio and video settings of their video conferencing app.
Did you know, 75% of people sought snacks during the pandemic
- 1. As a source of nourishment and immunity-boosting.
- 2. Because they were bored and hungry.
- 3. Because snacking is an indulgence and we owed it to ourselves during stressful times.
When it comes to shopping virtually for snacks, 84% thought that
- 1. Shopping online for snacks is easier and plan to continue even when stores open.
- 2. Nothing like shopping at a supermarket. I don’t really get this online shopping.
- 3. I’ll just buy what my friend is buying, I am not too mindful about snacks.
So that’s about it. Now it is time to check your answers:
Mostly 1: Fantastic job! You’re up to date on your statistics and snacking etiquette, eh?
Mostly 2: Earth to reader…were you around during 2020? There’s a whole lifestyle around snacking that you are missing out on.
Mostly 3: Chill out a bit, perhaps all the stress will go away with a great snack. Use that social media time to learn a recipe maybe, or just order your favourite snack.
If you haven’t already, here’s an interesting report