Time to read parenting and mental health books? With so many choices it can be difficult to choose. We’re here to help (as always)! Do this Parenting and Mental Health quiz and find out which book you should read next. Keep a pen and notepad handy to write down your answers!
1. Your child has a meltdown in front of guests at a function, what do you do?
- a. Wait for your child to calm down and then try to reason with them.
- b. Try to be (a) but lose patience and just take your child out of the room.
- c. Watch my kid and laugh, I love Kirron Kher.
- d. Join in.
2. You own ‘HOW MANY’ parenting books?!
- a. I have tons, I just love going through them all, it’s a research journey for me.
- b. A few, but I think my kid spilt milk on one and tore up the pages of another.
- c. One, but I gave up when it said I should let my child feed herself, there was food everywhere. Who will clean it up?
- d. None, I’ll learn as I go, my neighbour aunty is always giving me advice anyway.
3. How you decided your kid’s name:
- a. Did a thorough search of at least 2 baby name books. Found a classy one.
- b. Named the kid after someone in my house.
- c. Picked up a name from the trending names on TV.
- d. Still calling the kid babu, baby, shona, puttar.
4. How do you stay positive?
- a. I’m Geet from Jab We Met: I’m my favourite so it isn’t hard to stay positive.
- b. Ensure I spend as much time with me as I do with my family.
- c. I depend on my village to keep me sane.
- d. Chocolates, lots of chocolates.
5. Your one quality you wish your child inherits:
- a. My ability to sleep with my eyes open – will serve them well during lectures!
- b. I’m happy as long as they’re happy.
- c. Reading, of course.
- d. Dance like no is watching, sing like no one is listening.
6. Your Favorite things to do on weekends?
- a. Play with my kids – they won’t let me do anything else anyway…
- b. We do chores together, cooking, cleaning up.
- c. Forget the housework, I binge watch TV and catch up on shows!
- d. Yoga.
7. If your life were a movie, it would be the plot of:
- a. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- b. Monster-in-law
- c. Ek tha tiger
- d. Mother India
Give yourself marks as follows:
(a) = 10 points
(b) = 8 points
(c) = 5 points
(d) = 3 points